Sep 23, 2015 By Pharmaceutical Executive Editors
#CPhI Worldwide has announced the finalists of the 2015 CPhI Pharma Awards. The Awards had a record number of entries and launched four new categories this year, covering ‘Best Innovation in Packaging’; ‘Best Innovation in Process and Formulation Development’; ‘Excellence in Partnering & Outsourcing’; ‘Best Innovation in APIs and Excipients’ (new); ‘Innovation in Supply Chain & Logistic Management’ (new); ‘Best Innovation in Manufacturing Technology’ (new); and ‘CEO of the Year’ (new).
All 16 finalists will now give an in-depth presentation to the jury panel on Tuesday October 13 at CPhI Worldwide in Madrid, Spain, before the winners are announced live during the show.
In the pharmaceutical supply chain category, innovative models for track and trace technologies and a unique supply chain management solution (one #CDMO managing others) have been featured. Partnering and outsourcing finalists this year include a small/large pharma partnership for plant derived APIs, and a CRO/pharma partnership that accelerated clinical development. And for CEO of the year, CPhI will announce one eagerly anticipated winner live from the show.
The finalists by category are
- Innovation in Supply Chain & Logistic Management: Aesica and Trace Link
- Best Innovation in Manufacturing Technology – in cooperation with Pharmaceutical Technology: Harro Hoefliger, Palladio and Viavi
- Best Innovation in Packaging: Sulzer, Catalent and Nemera
- Best Innovation in APIs and Excipients: OMYA International AG, Aurena and NOF Corporation
- Excellence in Partnering & Outsourcing – in cooperation with Pharmaceutical Outsourcing Magazine: Centroflora and Johnson Matthey
- Best Innovation in Process and Formulation Development: Supercritical Solutions, Codexis and Catalent
- CEO of the Year in cooperation with PharmaBoardroom: just one winner to be confirmed at event
Originally published at 2015 CPhI Pharma Awards: Finalists Announced